I honestly think my favorite thing about roasting a chicken is the quick, easy meals that come from the left overs.
Especially on these hot summer days!
The less I have to run the stove or the oven, the better.
FIRST MEAL: Start with a farm fresh roasting chicken, about 5-7lbs that is thawed.
Place it in a crockpot on low, sprinkle a little garlic salt, onion powder and pepper on it.
Don’t forget to place a sheet of tinfoil over the top before placing on the lid.
This really helps to lock in the moisture.
Then whaa la! Six hours later you have a delicious meal.
MEAL TWO: Quick and Easy Chicken Alfredo
Make this great Alfredo Sauce from the recipe below, boil some linguini noodles, and add your chicken.
Boom! Another delicious meal in just under 30 minutes.
QUICK AND EASY ALFREDO SAUCE
yield: 4 SERVINGS prep time: 5 MINUTES cook time: 20 MINUTES total time: 25 MINUTES
- ½ cup butter
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups milk
- 8 oz grated Parmesan Cheese (about 1 cup)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 1 package of linguini noodles
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
- Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. (Mine always looks like cottage cheese and turns out great).
- Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps.
- Stir in Parmesan and pepper.
- When Parmesan is all dissolved and smooth, stir in chicken.
- Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long.
- Toss with hot pasta to serve.
Adapted from Allrecipes
Keep your eye out, and make sure you are on our mailing list to find out when we will have fresh roasting chickens available in September.
Get your FREE GAME NIGHT GRUB Recipes
INCLUDING: Instant Pot Pulled Pork Nachos
Get the gang together for an evening of games! Prepare a few of these GAME NIGHT GRUB recipes to keep your friends fueled for when the competition gets fierce.